Search This Blog

November 21, 2011

Thanks Pt. 2

Oh it's Monday, a day that I'm not really thankful for.  I mean, I'm thankful that I'm alive and well today, but I'm not thankful that it's not Sunday anymore.  I know, I know, don't be greedy with the time, just learn how to manage it better. 
FINE!!!


Let's get back to the thing that I AM thankful for shall we.  If you're noticing that I'm starting on eleven and you want to know where the first ten are, you can look right here, because if you think I'm just beginning here, you're seriously going to question my priorities in life, since I won't be thankful for my kids on this list.  They get that once a year, and I already done said it.  Ha, I'm really not that mean.  No, I swear, I'm not.


Shall we?


11.  I'm thankful for the little town I live in.  I can go to our local grocery store and see a half-a-dozen people I know.  Saturday mornings are spent at the local coffee stand where I used to work, catching up with all the locals as we all sit around, sipping coffee and shootin' the breeze.  I love that my kids have grown up here, well for the last nine years anyways, and I hope to still be here in nine nineteen forever.


12.  I'm thankful for hair color.  Not because I'm aging and getting some gray hairs.  I don't really care about that, but because changing my hair color, is like an artistic way to paint myself. It's kind of like a temporary tattoo, that you can change if you don't like.  May sound shallow, duh, my pool's not all deep, I have a kiddie end too.


13.  I'm thankful for my creativity.  Again, this may sound vain, but I like to think that I'm just confident in my ability to make pretty things.  As a Libra, I was born to love pretty things and things that glitter and sparkle, or shine, have lots of bright colors, or just generally seem appealing.  I love to create, and I'm at my happiest when I am.


14.  To all those of you, who everyday, spend your life helping others, I thank you.  Without people like you, and the love you give, this world would be a lot colder.


15.  Music.  I'm so thankful to have music.  Whoever invented music.  I thank you, I love you, you can have my soul when I die.


16.  Living in a place where I'm free to make choices, good and bad.  I'm free to voice my opinion and stand up for what I believe in.  Thank you America, I don't want to know where I would be without you.


17.  I'm pretty thankful for the ever growing technology.  Aside from just computers, cellphones and other handy gadgets, there are the more important ones, like all the medical breakthroughs they've had, just in my lifetime.  Without some of these, some of the most important of my loved ones, may not be here today.


18.  Speaking of health, I'm thankful for mine.  I've been a pretty healthy person my whole life, and I come from pretty healthy DNA and that means I'll be around for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.


19.  I'm thankful that my daughter has found the man of her dreams.  She loves him immensely and he loves her just as much.  They are a great match and I wish them a lifetime of happiness.


20.  I'm so very thankful for my furbabies.  They fill my house with unconditional love and affection.  It's so wonderful to come home to tail wagging dog or lay down on the couch and have my big cat jump on me and snuggle with me for hours.  I love them so much and I'm so glad I have every one of them.


Part 3, coming soon.

0 People said what???:

Post a Comment

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.