Search This Blog

July 3, 2012

Turkey and Deers and Bears, OH MY!!!





Hey all out there in blogland, I'm getting my lazy ass on here today so I can hook up with the bestest bloghopper makers around.  Of course I'm referring to the ever so awesome duo of Barfy McBarfer who's had to deal with the devil and hell, get better soon woman, and her cohort and fellow horny housewife, ADHD Girl, who has apparently converted to Sushi lover, which makes me want to be Barfy McBarfer, thinking about it.  So if you don't hook up with them, do it now, you'll thank me later.


This weekend I went with my Super AWESOME Grams to my uncles house up in Colville, WA, which is approximately 355 miles away from home, and on the other side of Mt. Rainier, aka, the sunnier side of WA.  Usually!!!  But we'll get to the weather later.  We went over to help celebrate the birthday/graduation of my cousin, and well, because we love them, and you're supposed to visit people you love, right?


I can't even begin to tell you how much I love to drive across this beautiful state.  You see, on my side of the mountains, it's lush green trees and grass, once you get to the other side, those trees turn into sagebrush, which turns into tumbleweeds and the grass turns into hard sandy dirt.  *Sidenote:  I saw my first tumbleweed roll across the road on this trip, but was unable to get a picture of it.  It was awesome.


My side of the mountains.  Green trees and cloudy.

Going over the mountains, we get to see lots of beautiful waterfalls.

Then you get to the other side.  A couple trees and a lot of dirt.

And windmills.
And lots of beautiful canyons, and more windmills.


Then you get to my uncles house and your back to tree country again.  And let me tell you, those trees hold a lot of wildlife, not to mention all the animals that are there too.  Ha!!!


The first of the animals that I totally fell in love with is Zeus, my uncles GIANT German Sheppard, who loves me.  And tried on several to physically show me how much.  Being a horny dog, isn't easy for real dogs either.  He quickly became my shadow, once we established that I wasn't THAT kind of bitch, and I even taught him a new trick.  Wanna see?  I knew you did.






We arrived at my uncles house, just in time to get down to business.


This is what I've been waiting for.


What did YOU think I was waiting for???


Now that's a spread!
After the festivities, my uncle took me up to his feeding ground.  He loves and feeds the local wildlife around him and has made friends with what is now the third generation of deer.


Isn't she lovely?


Look, more wildlife, and if you look closely, you'll see a deer jumping away in the background.
This is Missy, Missy's mom was Mascara.  My uncle has known Missy since she was born, and now that Missy has a fawn of her own, my uncle now has to come up with another M name.  I love my family's love for nature.


I would have taken a picture of the bear, but we didn't actually see him, only what he had left on the trail, the night before, but I didn't want to take a picture of that, since shit is gross, and I didn't want to gross you out.  You're welcome.


I did however see turkeys.  Four of them, just roaming around my uncles property, by his pond.  I truly was amazing to just be sitting there, and all of a sudden have a bunch of turkeys just wander into your space.
I named them, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Smoked and Jive.
Well, it appears that this post is getting pretty long, and I haven't even gotten past the first day yet, so I think I'll save the rest and the trip home, for Thursday, since it would appear I have 3 days of housework to catch up on.


Or, I could watch all the shows I missed while I was gone.

Tough choice.


Until tomorrow.  
Stay AWESOME!!!!

2 comments:

  1. First your opening paragraph was hysterical, I love it! IA is still barfing and in pain, if she doesn't go to the doctor today I'm flying out there to drag her there myself!

    Absolutely amazing pictures and don't tell Rogue but I think I have a crush on Zeus, he is beautiful!

    Thanks for linking up with us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics! I love the smoker! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.