Search This Blog

April 1, 2011

Springtime.

Flowers are blooming, I can hear three times as many birds and there are 7483 shades of green when I look around.  I love Spring.  Every year, when Fall comes around, I say, "Fall is my favorite", but now that Spring is here, I think Spring is my favorite. 

My beautiful flowering trees, I don't know the name of.
The smell of every plant coming to life, new grass, the rain.  I don't know why the rain smells different in the Spring and Fall, but I want to bottle it and pipe it into my house all year round.

We have three of them, lining the driveway, right in front of the house.
Everyone seems to have more energy, you see more people outside, even in the rain and seasonal depression starts to subside.  We have that a lot around here.  Rain does that to people.  That and daylight savings.  It sucks to take away an hour of daylight every year.  That just makes it rainy and dark most of the  time.  Another reason I love Spring.  Getting that hour of light back is awesome.

Having a little bokeh fun.
Going to the garden shop, tilling up the ground and just making everything look pretty.  More reasons to love Spring.  Gardening is such a fun and relaxing thing to do.  And the payoff?  You can't beat it.  Beautiful flowers that smell and look amazing.  Roses are becoming my favorite thing to grow.  I just bought two more bushes.  Problem is, now I have to find a place to put them.   The younger thinks I need to dig a garden right in the middle of the front yard to keep people from driving though it.  She also wants to put a willow tree there.  I wouldn't mind having a willow tree again.

This Spring has brought me two new birds to photograph.  We've been here for five and a half years and I've never seen this pair.  Last year four mourning doves took up residence at the bird seed piles.  Can't wait to see what else I'm going to get.
Well day is breaking around here now, so that must mean it's time to get my day started.  I hope you all have a splendid day and a faaaaaaabulous weekend.
Marisa

0 People said what???:

Post a Comment

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.