Search This Blog

April 15, 2011

Friday Favorites!

Some would say that Friday's don't really mean anything to those who don't work an outside the home job.  I say Bull!  Just because I don't work outside the home, besides when I'm actually working outside or running errands, doesn't mean I don't treasure Fridays just as much as the next "goes to a real job" chick.  I'll tell you why.

1.  It's Friday.  Who doesn't love Friday.  We've been trained to love Fridays since preschool, when it meant that we got two days to sleep in and wear our jammies all weekend long.

2. The breadwinner of our family is much more relaxed.  Two days in a row that he can be free from "shit rolling down hill".  He's a plumber ya know.

3.  Our part-time dog is not here.  Which means, I have one less dog to tow, feed, brush and the best part, half the dog hair on the floor.  Absolute bliss!

4  It's Friday.  Since we were teenagers, we've been programmed to love Fridays, becuase it means you get to hang out with all your friends.  Friday are perfect date nights, whether it's with lovers or friends, or both.  And just think, tomorrow is Hungover Saturday, so your covered.

5.  Garage sales.  That's right, it's getting to be that time of year, when Garage Sale signs pop up as often as dandelions.  One of my favorite things to do as a kid was garage saleing, saling, sailing, going to garage sales.  Not sure if I acted like it at the time, but looking back on it now, I loved it.  My kids like it too, they get bored after five garages, but they like it.

6.  Poker night.  Friday night is the night that The Mister goes to play poker with all his gross boy buddies.  They sit there and drink, gossip, tell dirty jokes, grunt, tell each other how masculine they are and occasionally play a hand of poker.  Either way, I seem to get the night to myself, it's a win-win.  Even if he loses.

7.  I don't have to make dinner.  Friday is the night that The Mister has dubbed "Rock Night"  That's the night we go to our local pizza joint, The Rock, who by the way, has the best wood fired pizza I've ever had, and get a large pizza with all the bells and whistles, talk and kick back a beer or two.  Also, this is where he takes me when he has to give me bad news, he thinks I won't make a scene in public.  He's pretty smart.

And finally, It's F*ing Friday.  Who doesn't love it.  Now go out an enjoy yours.  See ya Monday
Marisa

Chillax and have a nice quiet evening.  Or.......

Rock out like this guy!  I know, its' frightening.  I'm sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Love your mad photo skills. I couldn't take a picture of any quality if my life depended on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks. I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.