Search This Blog

March 29, 2011

Self realization.

The plus side to doing this blog is, that not only have I proven to myself that I can, not only start a project, which I already knew, but that I can actually stick with it and change my perspective to keep myself motivated with it.  Same thing with my giving up chocolate, which I've stuck to, no matter how badly I wanted it.  I've been slowly teaching myself that I can do the things that I set my mind to.  Something I've always know, but never really practiced.  I've always been the one who was content with being, "okay" and "average".  I never really reached for the stars, or put my nose to the grindstone to get ahead.  Never really the underachiever, but farther from the overachiever bracket, and that was fine with me, I was awesome just as I was.

No I wasn't.

A year ago, I would start painting a wall, with the hopes of finishing the entire room, within a day, maybe two.  Then come to the realization that I would, in fact, probably never finish it.  That, my friends is why almost none of my rooms are completely painted.  But, over the last few months I have discovered something about myself.  I'm finishing projects, not just some of them, but all of them.  I don't mean like projects that I started a year ago, like my basement.  That's an impossibility at this juncture, but everything that I have started in the last four months, seems to be finished.  Could it be?  Is it possible?  Am I maturing?  Am I coming to an agreement in life, with my inner-more organized-on top of things self?  Boy, I sure hope so, because at this rate, I may actually have a shot at a very productive Spring/Summer.  I may actually have running water in my second bathroom, I may have the most bitchin' craft room/office this girls ever seen.  Is this real?  Will it last?

I have no idea, but I'm sure gonna ride the productive train, for as long as it goes.  No stops.  Okay, who am I kidding, I need stops.  But, no more extended stays.  This train is set for the "way better than okay" station and I plan to make the most of the trip.

Hope y'all will continue the journey with me.
Marisa

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubts about it.....<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've given up chocolate??????? THAT I could never do. Some will power you've got there! No wonder you're finishing projects :-)

    ReplyDelete

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.