Search This Blog

November 2, 2010

Vote and Sew.

     Today, I am doing two things I haven't done in quite some time.  I'm going to go and turn in my voting ballot today.  I haven't voted in ten years, due to a teeny tiny small felony, I have on my record.  I'll explain that in another post, but I just got my rights back, registered to vote, filled out my ballot and I'm rockin' my vote.  I'm an independent and believe in balance.  You can't have good without bad, you can't have down without up and you can't have right without left.  I don't like to pay taxes, but I do enjoy decent roads, museums and libraries.   I am though, taking advantage of deciding which taxes I will pay and which people I will trust with my state and my co-staters.  Get out and VOTE!!!

     Then, when I get back home.  I'm going to do something that I haven't done since I was a teenager.  I'm going to try and make my daughter an apron.  I haven't pinned and cut a pattern since my home economics class in 10th grade, back when I thought no kids, no marriage for me, all the while carrying my first bundle of joy, but living in total denial.  Again, we'll save that story for another day.  I found a super easy looking pattern from McCall's.  I will let you know how it goes, she is my guinea pig for these types of things.  Besides, it's easier to actually size something on her than to try to size it on myself.  She picked out the most delicious material for it, I have all the pins, bobbins and thread I need to do the job....One problem.  I gave my sewing machine away last year, because I haven't used it in....well, ever.  So, not only am I going to pin and cut this pattern, but I'm either going to hand sew it *insert insane laughter here* or I'm going to temporarily repossess my old machine from my best friend *insert more laughter* OR I'll just give the cut-outs to my best friend, bat my eyelashes, yes it works on her, and promise to be her bestest friend in the whole wide world forever and ever.  At this point she will have already taken the material and rolled her eyes at me a couple of times, mostly because, well who else is crazy enough to be my best friend?!.

Until tomorrow - Get out and vote!
Marisa


0 People said what???:

Post a Comment

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.