Search This Blog

October 3, 2011

Like a virgin.


I've had a pretty awesome weekend, well, with bits of unawesomeness, but mostly just full of awesome and full of firsts.  Friday I did something that I've never done before.  I drank, like a gallon of wine, and got tipsy buzzed flat out wasted, and found myself puking, which by the way is another first.  I've never drank so much that I've gotten sick.  NEVER EVER.  Carlo Rossi, you started out the weekend as my friend, but then you turned me into Jack Nicholson in The Witches of Eastwick, you know when the girls put that spell on him and make him puke cherries and it's just a red mess everywhere, yeah that was me.  I learned a valuable lesson tho.  White wine puke would be much easier to clean.  

I awoke Saturday to the most hellatious headache.  Not so much a hangover, but a 4 aspirin sized headache.  Thankfully, the plans I had for the day and the aspirin, would not allow me to feel pain.  I had bigger plans, I was going to be on sensory overload, and I was going to love every minute of it.

I went to my first Avenged Sevenfold concert.  Now if you don't know who they are, I'm sorry, and you should go listen to them.  But only, if you're into getting smacked across the face with purely awesome rock and roll, or you like bands that have a stage that looks like this.

I can't remember the last concert that I went to, that they still had real flames.
My daughters took me here as a birthday present, but the older and her fiancee' had to work, so it was me and the younger, and her bf.
Look at those smiles.  The only got bigger as the night progressed.

There were some other bands there.
The Art of Dying was pretty decent.  Didn't really know too much of their music, but they rocked.
Bullet for my Valentine was pretty awesome and they started some pretty amazing slam circles.  My baby girl was at the front of one of those circles.  Talk about a nervous mama, but she totally handled it.
And they were definitely good for head banging.
And there was Seether.  Again, they rocked for a band I'm not crazy about.
And there's my KT, she's my wine drinking partner.  Her and Carlo Rossi are having a similar issues with one Carlo Rossi.  Oh and with her are M. he's apparently loves what Carlo Rossi does to us, something about being entertaining and of course there's T.  He's awesome.  Him and his wife are the ones that throw the amazing poker bashes I attend.
And the show we were all waiting for....
Oh M. Shadows, you are amazing.

The new drummer is pretty amazing too.  He had some big shoes to fill, and he did it with rock.

It was truly amazing and I can't wait until they come back, because I plan to NEVER miss another one of their shows again.

Although next time I will wear appropriate shoes so that I don't end up barefoot on wet grass in 50* weather.
Sunday was left for recuperating and now it's back to the reality of life.

Can we go back to Saturday? 

Please?

Fine!

Be that way.

1 comment:

  1. oh i'm so jealous. i love those bands! what an awesome birthday gift.

    dude wine gives me the WORST hangovers ever. no ib prufen or any other remedy will work. i drank a magnum size bottle of wine a few weeks back and puked four times the next day. fml. tmi? haha whoops.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.