Search This Blog

October 14, 2011

One week down.

The rest of my unretired life to go.  Monday I started back to work after a five and a half year hiatus, in which I stayed home to be, well everything to my family.  Let me tell ya, 1. I forgot how purposeful I feel when I'm working and B.  I can't wait to get my first paycheck.  One week on the job and I already have two and a half hours of overtime.  


It's not that I didn't enjoy being a stay-at-home-do-everything-for-your-family-and-then-do-some-more type, but, I've always enjoyed working.  It's makes me feel important.  Well, so does being a mom/wife/nurse/cook/maid, but let's face it, it's kind of a thankless job, and working I at least get paid for all my efforts.  Plus, if I stay at this company for at least a year, they've got some rockin' benefits, like 80 hours of vacation AND 80 hours of sick pay.  In case you don't have your calculator handy, that 4 weeks a year.  PAID!  And since I'm never sick enough to EVER miss work and we go on vacation once every decade, I like getting an extra months pay, just to show up on time and ready to do, well, whatever they want me to.  Plus, they offer education credits.  That means, if I decide I want to go to back to school to learn something handy, they'll pay a thousand dollars of my tuition.  It's a pretty sweet deal.  Not to mention the health/dental/vision plan they have is even better than The Mister's union plan, which I though was amazing.


My job is kind of monotonous and a tad boring, but after a week, they say that I've caught on really quick and they have no worries that I'll do just fine.  My job title is a Kit Cutter.  With a name like that I naturally assumed that it would be something kind of crafty.  No, no it's not.  I roll out the composite material, punch numbers into a computer, the computer makes a machine cut everything out, I gather the cutouts, put them in their kits, roll em' up, tag and send them along.  Then I separate the leftover material, recycle it, then roll out more material and do it all over again.  Although, it is cool to know that planes couldn't fly right without me.


So know when I see certain aircrafts, I can look at people and say, "I built that", cuz that's just how I roll.


This week was day shift for training, but next week I'll be on the swing, which means I can get back to my daily blogging.  THANK GAWD for that, because I'm really going through blogdrawals, it's not pretty.  It gives me a fever and the shakes.  And hallucinations.  Okay, maybe not that bad, but I've truly missed it.


As for now, I'm beat.  So I'll leave you with this.


See you Monday.

0 People said what???:

Post a Comment

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.