Search This Blog

August 8, 2011

Nitro for breakfast anyone?

Nitromethane: The fuel used to make a kick-ass car go 300+ mph.


This weekend was our annual, Feel the Rumble, weekend.  The Mister, the children (with bf's in tow) and the father-in-law, instead of lazing about on a Sunday afternoon, woke up early, gathered together and started our day in anticipation for what was to come.


Things like:


We got to see John Force, up close, well kinda.  I'm not his hugest fan, but he is entertaining.

An absolutely gorgeous day.
American flag waving parachuters.  I have to say, he was coming in so fast, I really thought he was going to smack the ground, but he made a perfect landing.
And a lot of nitro.
Don't forget burning rubber.  Again, I feel like I should grunt.
You think regular gas prices are ridiculous.


I'm not sure if I like the funny cars, or these bad boys, better.


Never mind.  This one's my favorite.
Here's a snippet of what we experienced.  I wish I could capture the actual rumble you feel in your chest, but you just gotta experience it for yourself.


All in all, I'd say the day was practically perfect.


Hope your weekend was as bitchin' as mine was.
Marisa

0 People said what???:

Post a Comment

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.