Search This Blog

May 12, 2011

Tell the Truth Thursday.

I was going through my bookshelves the other day and came across my copy of "The Book of Questions"  by Gregory Stock PhD.  and I started going through it with my youngest, and thought I'd share some questions and my answers for ya.

1. Would you accept 20 years of extraordinary happiness and fulfillment if it meant you would die at the end of the period?
     Absolutely NOT.  This chick wants to be around as loooooooong as possible.  Who else will kick my family's ass as well as I do?!

2.  If, by having a 2 inch by 2 inch tattoo, you could save five lives and prevent a terrorist attack, would you do so? If you were allowed to select the location and design, where would you have it and what would the design be?
     Um, that's a "duh" question.  I already have 3 of em.  If I could do good with them and they were free, my body would be covered in them.  But the first one would be a hummingbird feeding on some wisteria or some other really pretty flower on my left shoulder and arm.

3.  Would you rather spend a month on vacation with your parents or put in overtime at your current job for four weeks without extra compensation?
     Wow, I don't even know how to answer this one, weighing the options would literally make my head explode.

4.  When you are given a compliment do you usually acknowledge it or suggest that you really do not deserve it?
     I used to turn down compliments, chalk it up to low self esteem, but now, I love em, can't get enough of em', now give me a compliment, dammit!

5.  Would it disturb you much if, upon your death, your body were simply thrown into the woods and left to rot? Why?
    Not at all, maybe a radically awesome new flower will arise from my bones.  It will of course be the prettiest flower in the forest!

6.  You are given the power to kill people simply by thinking of their death and twice repeating the word  "goodbye".  They would die of natural causes and no one would suspect you.  Would you use this power?
    Hell to the YES!


7.  If at birth you could choose the profession in which your child would pursue, would you?
     Absolutely not.  What if they hate it, that's just one more thing for them to blame on me!

8.  Which sex do you think has it easier in today's culture?  Have you ever wanted to be the opposite sex?
     I think it depends on the situation, but generally today I think women do, because they use the gender card to manipulate situations to their advantage.  I know, women being manipulative, whoda thunk it?  And the only time I've ever wanted to be the opposite sex is when I gotta pee real bad and there's no where to squat.

9.  When was the last time you sang to yourself?  To someone else?
     Today and today, probably 10 minutes ago.  Usually if I don't sing, I'm always humming.

10.  How do you picture your funeral?  Is it important for people to mourn your death?
     A giant party where everyone is having a good time and talking about how cool I was.  I think it's important for people to not only mourn the absence of a loved one, but I think it's even more important to celebrate that persons life and how cool I was.  :D

Okay, I'm exhausted, so much thinking and truth telling.  
See ya on the flip side!

1 comment:

  1. ok...here's your compliment...you are one awesome broad. I love the humorous but serious answers you give quasi-serious questions. You have great talent for writing the way you talk. I envy you.....and love you.

    ReplyDelete

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.