Search This Blog

March 9, 2011

I'm baaack y'all

My OH My, what an vacation, what an adventure, what an experience, what a city, what a state, What???  It's over???

I don't even know where to begin to look for the start of this story.  I haven't even finished downloading the pictures off of all my cameras.  I brought two cameras, one video camera and then there's the one on my phone.  I can tell you, that I really need to learn how to use my camera at night.  So when you do see my pictures, I'm sorry, some of them suck, but you get the idea of what I'm trying to take a picture of.

This is not my in depth blog of my trip, but I can give you some highlights.

Things I love about New Orleans:

The people.  Everyone wants to talk to you.  Not everyone you want to talk to, but most of them, yes.
The food.  Nuff said.
New Orleans
The architecture.  The ironwork balconies, the intricate details on buildings, the gas lights.  Oh my.
The manners.  I loved hearing "Yes Sir and Yest Ma'am" and hearing people say Miss in front of a woman's name.
New Orleans
The history.  It's just, such a diverse history.
The Vieux Carre'.  The French Quarter of course..  And on the last night we finally learned how to say it correctly.  View Cah-ree.  We felt like locals once we learned it.
And of course, Carnival!!!

There's so much more, it makes my head spin.

Things I hate about New Orleans:

*Crickets*
Although, between you, me and everyone else, I could do without some of the smells during Carnival, but that's almost all due to tourists, not locals, and it's a "shame on them".  That city has and will survive hurricanes, floods and tornadoes,  but tourists seem to have less respect than Mother Nature herself.

Things I lost in New Orleans:

Five pounds, can you believe that?  All that eating and I lost weight!!  Must have done more walking than eating.  I should try this at home.
Tomorrow.

I've been asked what my favorite part of going to New Orleans was.  All I can say is; Going to New Orleans.

 I'll explain my answer tomorrow.  With pictures.  For now I have a vacations worth of laundry to do.
Marisa, Y'all.

0 People said what???:

Post a Comment

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.