Search This Blog

February 27, 2011

Three birthdays and Bob Ross.

Ok, I'm totally disappointed in myself.  Not only did I fall asleep super early last night, but when I woke up, I was still all dressed up, including boots and coat, makeup still looking fresh.


You see, yesterday was the day of three birthdays.  One elementary kid, one teenager and a super guy who turned forty.  


The day started off with a bang.  Me and the younger got up, had breakfast, watched a little TV, then headed out to birthday number one.  My nephew, who didn't like me for the first four and half years of his life, didn't like me.  Loves me now of course, but didn't always.  We went and saw Gnomeo and Juliet, super cute movie, we loved it.  Skip cake, trying to shed a few more before NOLA, and go home for a little while before going to party number two.


Party number two was for a sweet sixteener.  My godson, the only son of my oldest and best friend.  The chunky little boy who used to smack his head on every surface, without faze, turned sixteen.  Sixteen!  It's never my own birthday that makes me feel old, but always the ones of my babies and my buddies babies.  Those are the ones that kill me.  Snacked a bit, but again, steered clear of cake and ice cream.  


Marisa, two.  Cake, zero!


After this, I take the younger to her bf's house and venture home to waste an hour before heading out to the "grown-up" party.  One of my very good friends turned the big 4-0 and I was set to help him ring it in with a bang, but they wouldn't even be at the bar for at least an hour, so I decided to flip through our On Demand and watch something good to kill time.  I stumbled upon, "The Joy of Painting" with Bob Ross.  I love this show.  As a painter, I find his methods and styles very inspiring.  Unfortunately, I find his voice very soothing.  Within minutes of watching, I had apparently dozed off.  Booted feet, propped up on the coffee table, my coat still on to help warm me from the chill in the house, as a result of being empty all day.  Text message sent to my other oldest and best friend, telling her that she really needs to go out with me.  Good thing she declined or I would have had a bigger problem.  There I slept until 1:28 am, when I darted awake and checked my phone for angry text messages from Squish, wondering why I haven't replied to her denials.  Luckily there were no angry ones, just ones rejecting my offers of a fun filled night.


Feeling slightly miffed with myself, I took off my boots and coat, slipped into my jammies and went to bed.  Feeling old and totally lame.


The end.
Marisa

1 comment:

  1. Oh No! Long gone are the days of partying till dawn! Hope you feel rested today :-)

    ReplyDelete

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.