Search This Blog

February 1, 2011

Not for the faint at heart.

So lately I've written about the endeavor of having all my teeth removed and replaced with pretty new dentures.

Well yesterday was the day.  While I only got the top ones done, I can't even begin to tell you how much better I feel.  Not just emotionally, but physically.  I can't even begin to understand the amount of infection running through my body.  At least that's what the oral surgeon said. 

This has been a great journey for me, being, that I'm terrified of the dentist.  Or at least I was.  No more am I a little cry baby when I go into the dentist office.  Except when I went in today.  I was kind of a cry baby...but it hurt.

So without further ado.  Here is my before picture.  Please hide your small children, for this picture may give them nightmares.

This is a result of years of Dentists telling me my teeth will fall out, no matter what I do.  I was not a tweeker or crackhead.  Junk food junkie yes, heroin junkie, no.  Just not enough bleach in the teeth gene pool.

And................

Tada!!!!!

This is me now.  I'm so excited can't you tell.

And here's a full on smile.  It's been a long time since I've liked smiling like this.

Well I would love to stay and chat, but I have to say.  The pills are kicking in and I'm feeling a little loopy.

See y'all tomorrow.
Marisa

1 comment:

  1. How is it that no one commenting on your very own extreme makeover? Looking gorgeous! And of course, the dentures look even better than real teeth because they're all white and straight and whatnot. My mom had all her top teeth removed and she also has full dentures up top. She LOVES them. For the first time in her life, she has straight, white teeth! (She doesn't let anyone see her without them, though!)

    A belated congratulations to you on the new chompers!

    ReplyDelete

For every comment you leave, a zombie bunny turns back into a real bunny.